Monday 22 February 2016

Colour Board challenge

Hello all,

I am here sharing my layout for Cindy's Colour challenge over at Swirlydoos monthly kit club.
We had a mood board to follow of gorgeous colours!


We had to use 4-7 of the colours, I used 6.

  


The Vineyard January kit from Swirlydoos was perfect for this challenge.

The paper is Prima Royal Menagerie.

All the embellishments were from the kit except the chippies.
The chippie circle flourish around my photo and the 'snapshot' chippie word are from Dusty Attic.
I added mixed media to the layout with the use of texture paste through a mask and splattering some Cosmic Shimmer grey matt chalk paint. My papers were edged using Distress Marker pens, in some of the colours from the mood board. I also coloured the 'snapshot' with distress marker - Peacock Feathers.
The chippie circle was embossed with Stampendous vintage shabby blue embossing powder and then a distress marker pen - Peacock Feathers run over the top to deepen the colour a bit. 

The photo is one of my Cacti plants in flower last summer. I took the flower theme from the picture in the mood board. I also used Bobunny Jewels in a glass blue colour which was my idea from seeing the blue glass bottle in the mood board.


                          The flowers from the kit are all Prima in the layout, with Darice pearls.


            My layer matts that the photo is on are left over papers that matched the colour board.
                                    The edges were inked with Distress Marker pens:
                                                                 Worn Lipstick
                                                               Picked Raspberry
                                                               Peacock Feathers
                                                               Evergreen Bough


                                                         Prima chipboard elements


I used a couple of paperclips that matched the colour board.
You can see the Bobunny Jewels here to on the chippie.


The splattered Comic Shimmer grey matt chalk paint on the crackle Dreamweaver embossing paste.

I hoped you liked this layout.
Pop over to Swirlydoos to see more on Cindy's challenge

                                                                    Thanks for stopping by

                                                                                  Ginny  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment