Saturday 13 February 2016

A layout Process - 1

Evening All,

Good news - I have my laptop back ! It's so nice to be back doing a post with my familiar keypad and programmes !
Today I'm sharing a layout I have made using the January kit from My Creative Scrapbook. I am including a little 'here's how I did it' process with the all important photos !
So here's the layout of my wonderful Dad !



Now for a short rundown on my process for this layout:


 On my chosen background paper I stencilled through a mask with Distress Ink Frayed Burlap around the outside edge of the area where I am going to put my photo.



I then used the same stencil again, turned it 180 degrees so the pattern comes out slightly different, and used it with white texture paste in the same area.


I layered up my photo with cardboard backed behind it to lift it up of the page and layered that on to a 6x4 piece of pattered paper slightly off set. I always put my tape/glue in the middle of the pieces I am sticking down to allow room around the outside edges to poke embellishments or more paper underneath.


And adhered them to my background paper.


I then tore some scraps of papers from the same paper collection into strips.


I then used these torn pieces and layered them up, poking them under the raised up photo. This way they look like they are coming out from behind the photo but it uses less paper, you can use up scraps and you can add as you go along if you think the layout needs rebalancing anywhere.


Again some of my layers are backed with cardboard (or foam tape) to give dimension and I've layered up with some ribbon too.


I then added my title using the alpha's from the kit and the smaller type alpha's from my stash.


Next came the embellishments. The die cut leaves and flowers, finishing off with a butterfly from the collectables pack.


And lastly I finished off with some stamping with black Staz On ink.

Product list:

Kaisercraft; Treasured Moments Paper collection
Kaisercraft; Treasured Moments Collectables
Prima flowers; Sugar Blooms collection #549060
Prima; clear stamps; Rosarian #559472
Amy Tangerine Thickers; After Glow
Kaisercraft; Mini Alpha stickers; Cream
Distress Ink; Frayed Burlap
Dreamweaver; Crackle Embossing paste; white
The Crafter's Workshop; stencil; mini tile texture
Spellbinders Die; Foliage
Staz-On; Black Ink pad
Ribbon from the kit



Thank you for stopping by my blog today. Please come back soon :)









No comments:

Post a Comment