Monday 22 February 2016

Altered Frame Wall Art

Hello again!

I had a great weekend, fab time with the kids and hubby and loads of time to do some crafty projects as all the kids activities were on hold for the week as it has been half term holidays.

I am embarrassed to say I  have had this Kaisercraft Abstract Memory frame stashed away for a couple of years and have not done anything with it ! Well no more.... I decided it was defiantly time I did something with it !  I didn't want to do a load of photos in it but instead do some kind of wall art with it to hang in my house and cheer me up when needed !

So before I go into details here is the end result.


I have used my Swirlydoos Kit club January kit - Vineyard - to decorate.

The papers in the kit were Prima Royal Menagerie and 7 Dots Studio.
90% of the embellishments are the Vineyard kit and the rest are from previous Swirlydoos kits.

As I was creating I came up with the idea of adding some of my favourite quotes which I have stamps of, so the frame cheers me up and inspires me all at the same time with Swirly happiness!

I started by painting the frame with gesso. The frame comes in two parts so you can put your papers underneath the main top part so it all looks neater.

I painted the top of the frame sitting on top of the bottom part so that I was leaving a outline of paint on the bottom part. When separated again this then acts like a template to add my papers on to.

I then planned my papers and stuck them on to my template. I was then able to glue the top part of the frame onto the base and everything looks really neat.

I painted my Blue Fern chippie with gesso first and then embossed with Vintage Champagne Wow! embossing powder. I finished off dabbing some 'Dry Sand' Prima chalk Ink pad in patches over it to 'shabby' it even more.

The Prima resins I coloured up with Mica powders and then sprinkled with Finnabair Art Sugar to add a dash of extra glitz and gorgeousness !


From this point on its just about embellishing the frame.
I stamped my quotes with Archival Ink Coffee.
The stamps are from:  Indigo Blu  :  Sheena Douglas :  7 Gypsies
My butterfly stamps are by Finnabair for Prima.





I inked the edges of the frame with Prima Chalk ink pad 'Dry Sand'.












I hope you like this frame, I can't wait to hang it on my wall !

Thanks for stopping by

Ginny    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment