Tuesday 23 October 2018

'This is a Happy Day' ......

Welcome to another project using the Tres Jolie October Kit.

This kit features papers from 13 Arts and Prima Marketing with some beautiful embellishments, making this a beautiful kit to work with and to create some lovely pages full of memories!
This layout features my DD, another photo from our holiday in Cornwall.
We visited Padstow one day and did some crabbing in the harbour. Padstow is famous for Rick Stein's famous fish and chip shop and restaurant.
The harbour was lined with ladies doing hair braiding and of course Holly wanted her hair braided. Holly has really long hair so at a  pound an inch it was rather a lot of money! But having said that the braid lasted weeks and so she got her monies worth!!






I love using a mix of coloured and black and white photos on the same layout. The coloured photo on this layout has remained the focal point but then your eye drifts along into the black and white photo.
I dont know about you but sometimes I prefer my photos in black and white. 
Here's a little tip, if you are struggling to find a photo to fit a coloured scheme or papers,  print your photo in black and white and it will go with any colour scheme/papers. 



I used lots of layers on this layout. 
I used 3 background papers. As I added each paper layer they got trimmed down a little smaller then the previous one so about a cm shows of each layer around the edge. 
All the edges were then distressed.



The photos were layered up on their own distressed mat layer.
I used the card frame that came with the Prima flower set and cut the corners up and used these as layers and corners on some corners of the two photos.

You can also see that I did some faux stitching with a pen around the edge of these background paper layers.



The gorgeous lace just runs under the bottom edge of the photos. 
I cut a small oval of  patterned paper to fit the silver frame and glued that it.




The title phrases are also distressed round the edges and had a little Toffee archival ink around the edges. These I curved and glued them onto the layout so they remained in a bowed position like a banner.




I added some of the journal cards as background photo layers too.....




I have added a couple of extra flowers from my stash to this layout as I do love flower overload! 
The flower clusters were finished off with the pretty lace leaves and the rose buds from the kit.





Here is the October Scrapbook Kit





To purchase this kit or subscription to Tres Jolie Kits click HERE



Tres Jolie Kits can be found in the following Social Media sites












Thanks for stopping by today

Happy scrapping

Ginny   :)



No comments:

Post a Comment