Thursday 11 October 2018

Mixed Media Kit Canvas - Tres Jolie


Welcome to my second project of the month for Tres Jolie October Kit.

Today I thought I would share with you my Mixed Media Kit Project.

This month we had a lovely large square canvas and the gorgeous watercolours from Prima. What a treat to be able to create with these!




Here is the Mixed Media Kit




And so lets look at a few photos of how I created this canvas.




I only used a limited amount of colours for this canvas. I kept to all the pinks and paler colours through to the grey.
With a wide 3/4 inch paint brush I painted on the various colours one at a time in random spots over the background of the canvas, letting them blend and run together to create a marbled effect. Later I used a smaller brush to add some paint splats.



The water colour paint are so easy to use. I start them off with a spray of water to activate them and use them from the individual pots, I also use the palette tray in the lid, to blend some of the colours together and to add more water to get a really watery mixture going for a 'wash'. 



The chipboard pieces were in the scrapbook kit. These I simply covered with a white embossing powder.




I used the journal card sheet, cut them all up individually, distressed the edges and backed them onto a piece of light 12x12 paper from the scrapbook kit and distressed those too.




I fussy  cut these flower clusters out from one of the 13 Arts papers





I splatted some of the metallic paint on the background  




Now to layer up the design.  I used some cardboard behind some of the journal cards to 'lift' them up. This enabled me to slot under the chipboard pieces.




Next came the flowers and the fussy cut floral pieces.  Again I only used the pink flowers from the selection in the mixed media kit.




I used one of the silver metal frames from the scrapbook kit and added a cut piece of patterned paper to the inside. I then covered the paper with a thick layer of crackle glaze. This was slid into the card layers too.




Lastly I then splattered the paler metallic paint over the entire canvas and tipped the edges of the flowers with the metallic paint too. 





Here are some close ups of the finished canvas....















Mixed Media Kit Contents

Prima Marketing 12x12 Watercolor Panel
Prima Marketing Metallic Accents-Pastel
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Paint-White Pearl
Prima Marketing Art Alchemy Paint-Soft Satin
Prima Marketing Watercolor brush pen set
Mixed Color puffy flowers







Don't forget that Tres Jolie can be found in the following places:



Tres jolie website: http://tresjoliekits.com/


Tres jolie subscriptions: http://tresjoliekits.com/services/





You Tube 








thanks for stopping by today, 

happy scrapping! 


Ginny :)






No comments:

Post a Comment