Thursday 25 October 2018

Notes & Thoughts... a masculine layout..

Hello all!

This is my last project this month for the October Scrapbook Kit at Tres Jolie Kits.

I have created a masculine page this time, I know most of the time I stick to the floral shabby chic style layout but I do like to do the occasional masculine layout, especially as I do have a son to scrap about!
I have used a reverse side of one of the beautiful papers in the kit... and I think this layout puts a completely different spin on this kit... looking at the kit photo you wouldn't think you could create a layout like this but you can!
Its always good to see how these beautiful kits can also be used for masculine layouts - don't forget the boys!!! LOL






I have photo process below for you to show you how I created this layout.




I started with the reverse of one of the floral 13Arts papers, I do love these black neutral papers, they are so easy to use for masculine pages. I did brush over some clear gesso to prepare the pare for lots of misting!
I used the Ayeeda mist in the kit over the background paper, I sprayed it and also undid the top and flicked the inner tube over the layout to get the splats.




The chipboard I altered using a VerDay Patina set. I used the Bronze colour, painted it over the chipboard and then added the patina solution in different places to create the mottled/ old metal effect over the chipboard. Allow to dry naturally. 




Going back to the background paper now its dry, I used the stencil from the kit and added areas of white texture paste over the paper.




Next I splattered a lot of white gesso over the layout, spritzed it with water and picked the paper up upright and allowed all the liquids to 'run' on the paper. Dry with a heat tool.




Next I splattered some Color Bloom Antique Gold mist over the background. Again I take the lid out and use the inner tube to flick the colour over.




When dry I then rubbed some Viva Inka Gold over some of the raised texture paste areas with my finger.




The photo I layered up on 3 distressed patterned paper layers, all slightly off set to each other.
I inked the edges up with an archival ink,




Now its time to put the layout together. I placed the photo centrally and added the chipboard words from the 12x12 chipboard sheet - I loved that sheet! I left these chipboard words in their nude state.




The big chipboard scroll I cut into two - basically one piece was 2/3 rds. of the total chipboard piece and the part I cut off was 1/3rd of it. 
I then slotted the bigger piece under the photo layers on the right  and the smaller piece in the photo layers on the left.




I added more chipboard words on top of the scroll and then added the blue and beige flowers from the kit! It still looks quite masculine though!




I added a little detail with items from my stash, some oval and teardrop druzzy beads and some seed beads. I just drop the seed beads into some gel medium and leave to dry. 




I found these teal buttons whilst looking for the seed beads and thought they were perfect for the colour scheme so I added a couple of those under the layers too to finish the layout off. 





Here are some close ups of the layout.....
















Here is the October Scrapbook Kit …….

…….can you believe this layout came from this kit?!?!?  -  It did!!






To purchase this kit or subscription to Tres Jolie Kits click HERE



Tres Jolie Kits can be found in the following Social Media sites















Thanks for stopping by today

Happy scrapping

Ginny   :)




No comments:

Post a Comment