Monday 15 August 2016

Challenges at Swirlydoos - SGC challenge

Hi everyone,

Today I want to share with you my layout I created for the SCG ( Swirly Girl Challenge) over at Swirlydoos scrapbook monthly kit club.  This month the challenge is being hosted by swirly member Linda, whom gave us the challenge of 'Christmas in August'! The idea is to use a non Christmas patterned paper and make it into a Christmas layout. We also had to make our own flowers.


I used a Blue Fern Studios 'Courtship Lane' paper, not at all a Christmas paper but I think it turned out ok as an alternative Christmas paper! I thought the street lamp had a old fashioned Christmas feel about it and by the time I'd added some 'snowy' sparkle with some glitter, it was perfect!


I  used a whole heap of dies in this layout! I chose coordinating papers to use with my dies to keep the pale pink/pale green theme going. I used a Memory Box Die for my Poinsettia flowers. I cut some Baubles out of a Kaisercraft Silver Bells paper. At this point the addition of some silver bells to the layout is quite apt!


My snowflake is a Joy! Crafts die 'Ice Crystal'.
I added some Finnabair Snowflake paste to the edges of my flowers and snowflakes to make everything snowy and Christmassy.



This is my Daughter Holly's 2nd Christmas. She was at that age when everything is intriguing and hands are everywhere! She was fascinated by the baubles on the tree, and this silver bauble had been very carefully fondled before it was sneaked off of the tree for a closer inspection!
I have wanted to scrap this photo for a long time but her jumper just clashes with most Christmas coloured papers, so this challenge was perfect as I could make the layout to fit her jumper colour!


My spiky foliage is also a Memory Box Die. I am not sure what brand the other snowflake is or the holly vine, they have been in my stash for so long and before I starting making a note of remembering the brand names for blog posts! They were a red coloured die if that helps!


The pine cones I added at the end as again I tend to associate things like cones with Christmas and winter. I apologise for those of you who have Christmas in your summertime, here in the UK we are always dreaming about 'a white Christmas'!


The icicle row die is a Joy! Crafts die. I cut it in vellum and then covered it in 'Icicle' Stickles glitter glue. The 'Merry Christmas' is a Tonic die from a Christmas Cracker set.



Come and see what everyone else is doing for this challenge http://www.swirlydoos.com/forums/topic/sgc-august-christmas-in-august/page/4/#post-451341

More info on Swirlydoos monthly kits delivered straight to your door is available here

Thank you for stopping by today,

Happy Crafting,


Ginny:)



No comments:

Post a Comment