Thursday 6 December 2018

It's December!!!



Happy December everyone!


I cannot quite believe we are in December already. The Christmas shopping is nearly done, I'm not quite sure how I have managed to be so organised with that?!
But it does mean we have the December Kit from Tres Jolie Kits to enjoy and create beautiful layouts and projects!

This months papers are from Maja Design. I love Maja papers and this winter/ Christmas themed collection are as beautiful as ever!

So here is my first project made with the Scrapbook kit. 
I love this kit because you can make your Christmas layouts with it but it works really well for non- Christmas layouts too!




Here are a few close ups with some details of how the layout was put together. 




I based the design around a cut circle. The edges distressed and inked with a Walnut Stain Distress Ink. 
The photo of Roxy I have backed with 3 paper layers, all distressed.





There is a small amount of stencilling behind the circle. This is a subtle effect in the background. 
The circle is backed with a piece of cardboard (from the kit postal packaging) to lift it off the background paper. This gives the layout much more depth.
The background paper was heavily inked with Rusty Hinge and Walnut Stain Distress Ink. These colours blend so well with Roxy's coat colours!




The chipboard Holly from Creative embellishments I simple changed by sponging distress ink Walnut Stain all over it, again this was so it blended with Roxy's colouring and kept the neutral tones going in the layout.




I highlighted the layout by adding the pale yellow, cinnamon coloured flowers to add a little contrast to the rest of the layout.




I added some silver Nuvo crystal drops in random places in groups of 3 dots, I always remember the rule of 3??!



The Prima Resin Icon pieces are from a previous  Tres Jolie Kit, but I thought the colours of them fitted perfectly with the grey flowers in this months kit.



If you are interested in this Card Tags and More Kit or the other two kits available from Tres Jolie kits then please look HERE




Tres Jolie Kits can be found in the following Social Media sites














Happy  Scrapping!


Ginny









No comments:

Post a Comment