Friday 16 November 2018

Shabby Chic Greetings Cards...

Hello all, 

This month I had the card kit from Tres Jolie Kits to play with.... I am not a regular card maker but I have to say I really enjoyed creating these!
I have made two sets of cards, the second I will show you later in the month.
The card kit features Prima Amelia Rose, beautiful papers, with embellishments from Prima, 49 & Market, Darice and Creative Embellishments.

Here are some photos of the cards







Now I will show a step by step process for creating them.




Use the white blank cards from the Card kit...…




I chose 4 different patterned papers from the Amelia Rose paper pad. 
I trimmed the first paper to fit the front of the card making it very slightly smaller then the card size.




Each paper layer after that I made lightly  smaller then the previous to create the different layers.




I distressed all the edges and the final layer I tore into to really distress it!




Stick the first two layers onto the front of the card




And the third....




The fourth layer I wrapped the seam binding around it length ways and tied into a bow...….




….and then glue it on top of the other layers.




I wanted to create a  decoupage effect with some fussy cutting from the papers. I cut four pieces of similar  flower clusters from the floral paper.





With my starting point in place with my chosen main flower I then started adding my decoupage layers next to it, with the use of tiny small foam pads.




If you are layering up amongst flowers you may need to double pads up at one end to get the piece to sit flat. 




I then added the next decoupage layer in order of size on top of the first.....



I added a third layer.....




At this point I also started to add more small flowers and the leaves.




The last paper decoupage layer was added...




...along with another small flower and leaf.




I added  a couple of single fussy cut flowers to the background before adding my title greeting.





The chipboard titles were embossed with white embossing powder.



Here are the products used on these cards

* Prima Amelia Rose A4 paper pad
* 49 & Market Garden Seeds Watermelon
* Creative embellishments chipboard - Sentimental Words
* Darice Cards & Envelopes
* Tres Jolie Seam Binding







And some close ups...…









To purchase this kit or subscription to Tres Jolie Kits click HERE



Tres Jolie Kits can be found in the following Social Media sites















Thanks for stopping by today

Happy scrapping

Ginny   :)













No comments:

Post a Comment