Friday 7 September 2018

'Together' mood board layout Tres Jolie

Hello!!

It's the beginning of the month again and a brand new Tres Jolie Kit!
This one is GORGEOUS!

I loved the neutral colours in the papers with a pop of the green colour coming through. I am not a fan of green but these are subtle and I loved working with them.

The mixed media kit this month is fantastic too, and my project took me back to my favourite place to be... the beach... you can see that project on the 14th...

My first project this month is a layout made with the scrapbooking kit. It is also my LO created for the mood board challenge this month too.

So lets show you my layout....




And here is the Mood Board for this month challenge.





I hava a photo process for you, so here goes....

This LO had a mixed media background, I have used a lot of paint in layers and dried each application of paint as I have gone along with a heat tool. The paint is from my stash and not included in the kit.



I started by painting the background paper with clear gesso. this primes the paper and makes it much more resistant to the use of mixed media and 'wet' products to help keep the paper from buckling and being misshapen. Dry with a heat tool.
I then started with my first paint, the DA Mountain Meadow. 
There is no neat way to do this... when I say I splat the paper with a loaded paint brush that is exactly what I do! Just make sure your working area is clear of anything you do not want covered in paint! 
After splatting the paint on I then brushed it over the centre of the paper a little as in the photo below.
Dry with heat tool.



Next is the gesso layer... white.
I watered the gesso down a bit, 1/3 water to 2/3 gesso, this just makes it splat/flick easier and gives a slightly more transparent coverage.... 




Again then brush the gesso to cover the centre of the paper....dry with heat tool.




Next the second green, the Peppermint Tea, love that name!
Each application of paint ends up covering a smaller space so you can still see the previous colours. Dry.



Now I added the grey paint and dried again
 .


The next step is the stencilling. This stencil was in the Prima Flirty Fleur mixed pack of flowers, ephemera and stencil.
Using a texture paste add random patches of detail over the painted area keeping it mainly to the outside edges of the paint so I still shows after the photo has been added to the centre.




Paint the creative embellishment chipboard piece with gesso. This may need a couple of coats depending on the coverage you want.




Dry the gesso and then using the Nuvo Crystal drops 'draw' along all the flourishes to create a 3d effect Allow to dry naturally.




I decided to add some stamping too. I chose a stamp from my stash and used Black Soot Distress Ink to stamp the details around the outside area of the paint. 




Now adhere the photo to the layout. I backed my photo with cardboard to lift it off the background paper. I then glued the chipboard piece over the top of the photo.




I chose some small cutouts from the Prima Papers and cut them into two....




And pushed them into the layers on opposite sides of the photo/chippy.




Now arrange the flowers, slotting some underneath the chippy and some on top.
I put one cluster at the bottom left 'corner' and then the top right 'opposite corner'.




The second cluster, to balance the design of the LO.




Last little details, add one of the Resin Butterflies on top of the chipboard.




And lastly add some of the black glitter gems.




Here are some closeups at different angles to show you the layers.










Products Used on this Layout:

From the Kit

*  Prima Marketing: Flirty Fleur Collection: Something Floral
* Prima Marketing: Flirty Fleur: So Lovely
* Prima Marketing: Flowers ~634551 & Stencil
* Creative Embellishments: Flourish Circle
* Nuvo Crystal Drops: Silver Lining
* Darice: Gems: Glitter Black
* Prima Marketing: Resin Icons: Insects #573317


From my Stash

* The Dusty Attic Acrylic Paint DA0916 Mountain Meadow
* Indigo Blu: Englisg Cottage Acrylic Paint: Peppermint Tea
* Kaisercraft Paint: Cool Grey
* Ranger: Texture Paste Opaque White




Here is the scrapbook kit that I used for this layout. 




For details on subscribing to these monthly kits follow the link below.




Don't forget that Tres Jolie can be found in the following places:

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/121919621993809/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tresjoliekits/

Tres jolie website: http://tresjoliekits.com/


Tres jolie subscriptions: http://tresjoliekits.com/services/



Tres jolie blog: http://tresjoliekits.com/blog/


You Tube 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/ucvbfookxzzsxs2tl4mmqskg



thanks for stopping by today, 

happy scrapping! 

Ginny :)













No comments:

Post a Comment