Friday 21 September 2018

'A fun ride' layout for Tres Jolie

Hi everyone,

I'm back on the Tres Jolie blog again today with this layout created with the September kit from Tres Jolie Kit Club.
This layout used loads of layers to create a really detailed deep effect with a mixed media background.






Here are some close up photos with a few details of the layout.


The mixed media background is acrylic paint brushed over the centre of the background paper. 
I used white texture paste with the stencil and added it to show out around the sides of the layered papers in the centre.


I used a selection of the papers from the kit to create my paper layers. I used various colours that contrast each other and yes, as usual they all have torn edges. I layered them up off set against each other.



I used some Splash! Ink splattered in the background and added the cute peg with a peice out of the ephemera glued onto it. I love the modern effect that some of the ephemera peices give the layout against the shabby chic style.



The frame was with one of the Prima flower sets and was the perfect size to work well with my photo. 


I added some of the black glitter gems and some enamel drops too.
The blue roses I toned down a little by gently brushing them with gesso to get a softer colour to them.



I added one of the cute resin peices and chose the bee to sit in my flower cluster.



Just a note, when layering up paper layers, layer some up with foam pads or cardboard inbetween and some without, this adds an irregularity that gives a really good look and also spaces to slide embellishments inbetween. 






Here is the September scrapbook kit....






Products used on this layout

* BoBunny: Black Tie Affair: Glamour
* Prima Marketing: Flowers #634483
* Blue Rose Buds
* Prima Marketing: Flowers Flirty Fleur Ephemera
* Prima Marketing: Flowers #634551
* Prima Marketing: Resin Icons #573317
* Darice: Gems Glitter Black


Products from my Stash

* Indigo Blu: English Cottage Acrylic Paint: Peppermint Tea
* Gesso white
* Ranger: Enamel Accents Black

Products from Previous kits




* Ranger Texture Paste Opaque White
* Ayeeda Ink Splash! white








For details on subscribing to these monthly kits follow the link below.





Don't forget that Tres Jolie can be found in the following places:



Tres jolie website: http://tresjoliekits.com/


Tres jolie subscriptions: http://tresjoliekits.com/services/





You Tube 



thanks for stopping by today, 

happy scrapping! 

Ginny :)








No comments:

Post a Comment