Thursday 28 June 2018

Mixed Media Canvas For Tres Jolie


Hello All!

Here is my last project made with the June Kit from Tres Jolie Kits.


This is my second project made with the Mixed Media Kit..... a canvas.



I thoroughly enjoyed doing this project, it was so much fun!

So lets go through step by step and I can show you how the end result was achieved!



I started by painting the 5x7 inch canvas with clear gesso.




I used the two brown Alcohol Inks from the Mixed Media Kit, Caramel and Latte. 
I added a blue, Stonewashed and a mixative, Gold, from my stash as well.




I sprinkled droplets of the two inks, Caramel and Latte onto the canvas.




I then used some blending solution over the ink droplets to make them 'run'.
This solution was also from stash but is handy when working with alcohol inks.


Z


This is what the canvas looked like after the blue and gold had been added with more blending solution. 



I cut the leaves and flowers from 13 Arts paper...…..




like so.....




and the flowers....



I then used the texture paste from the Mixed Media Kit with a stencil  to add more detail across the layout. 



To adhere the fussy cut leaves and flowers to the canvas I used a gel medium and used it underneath and over the top of the cut pieces to completely stick them and protect them on the canvas.




The butterflies from the Prima set I did slightly differently to each other. The big butterfly I painted the concave parts with the gold Mixative. the smaller one I gently rubbed the gold over the risen pattern only wit my finger.


Then using a piece of cloth I then gently rubbed in some of the blue alcohol ink around the risen borders of the butterflies in various depths of strength. 



I glued these to the canas with my hot glue gun.


Next I used these Microspheres from the Mixed Media kit....


a poured/sprinkled them where I wanted them into already applied gel medium. 
The medium will take a while to dry but will dry clear leaving just the microspheres. 



Like this...


And I created a butterfly trail with them too!




Thus erse was cut from the paper I showed you earlier too and I inked round the edges with the gold mixative.


I popped it on a piece of cardboard to add height and glued onto the canvas.


And here is the finished canvas.



Products Used on this Project:

Mixed Media Kit:





Prima:  Matte Resin Craft Blanks - Butterflies
Tim Holzt: Alcohol Inks: Caramel & Latte
13 Arts: Brown Microsperes 
13 Arts: Until Dawn: All Good Things
Ranger: Texture paste: opaque white

Other products used:




5 x 7 canvas
Clear gesso
Tim Holzt: Alcohol Ink Stonewashed
Tim Holzt: Alcohol ink mixative gold
Tim Holzt Blending Solution
Stencil
Gel Medium





If you would like to subscribe to Tres Jolie Monthly kits then follow the link below for more details.


To visit the Tres Jolie blog go to the following link


Tres Jolie is on Facebook below


And Instagram





Thank you for reading along with me today.

I cant wait for next month!

Ginny :)









No comments:

Post a Comment