Friday 8 June 2018

Mixed Media Butterfly Stand



Hello all! Ginny here!
I'm back today with my 1st project made with the June Mixed Media Kit from Tres Jolie! I loved these butterflies from Prima to alter!



I have done a photo tutorial of my process in creating this altered piece.
So lets start.....  :)
* I started with the Prima Matte Resins, I chose my butterfly to use with the stand.




*I gave the base a coat of gesso.




*To colour the butterfly and the base I used the Alcohol inks from the mixed media kit. 
*Put a drop of each colour on a craft sheet, I used some blending solution with the inks which makes them easier to use and then you get the blended/bleeding look.




*With a paint brush I roughly brushed over randomly the inks starting with the palest brown first and then the darker one to create a mottled effect. Drying slightly between each colour application





*When almost dry I then added the patina in various places over the top of the browns.




I added a little more of the alcohol ink to deepen the colour in places.




*I repeated this process with the stand.




*Also in the mixed media kit was the Magic Powder. I made a coloured paste with it and some beige acrylic pant and then added the paste in areas over the butterfly to add depth and texture.



*I cut some of the gorgeous green rhinestones from the kit and glued them on to the body of the butterfly. I added some cheesecloth to make the base of my embellishment cluster.



*I wanted to use some wording on my project, so I chose and cut out some words from the 13 Arts Paper All Good Things to use later.




*Now I built up the embellishment cluster using flowers and leaves from the June scrapbook kit, some smaller rhinestones cut into small lengths and draped over the cheesecloth and the leaves. Using some gel medium dabbed in places over the butterfly I then dropped some seed beads into it.



*I finished off with the cut out wording which I edged with some Viva Gold and then glued them onto the embellishment clusters.



*The base I did similarly with the cheesecloth first, then a leaf and flowers, gems and  wording.



*Lastly I used some more of the Viva Inka Gold from my own stash to the edges of the butterfly and to the antennae as well. 



*Gently push the butterfly onto the wire stand. There is a hole already in the base of the butterfly to do this.



*Now for a couple of close ups of the project.


Products used on this project.

Mixed Media Kit:
Prima: Matte Resin Craft Blanks Papillon
13 Arts: Magic Powder
Ranger: Texture Paste Opaque Matte
Tim Holzt: Alcohol Ink: Latte / Caramel / Patina
Prima: Relics & Artifacts 12" Bohemian Jewels
13 Arts: Brown Microspheres 
Scrapbook Kit
Prima Flowers: #631239
13 Arts: Until Dawn: All Good Things
Other Products:
Tim Holzt: Adirondack Alcohol Blending Solution
Viva Inka Gold
Cheesecloth
Acrylic Paint: beige



If you would like to receive the mixed media kit straight to your door follow the link below to the website for more details on how to subscribe.



Dont forget to follow Tres Jolie on the following social media
Thanks for stopping by the blog today,
Ginny  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment