Saturday 15 July 2017

Lets Get Sketchy July 15th Sketch Challenge

Hello!

It's time for the mid month sketch challenge at Let's Get Sketchy!

This challenge will remain open until the end of July, so get your mojo on and come and join in with us with this super sketch!


Here's my layout inspired by the sketch


 



And here's the sketch







I used one piece of 12x12 patterned paper from Authentique for this layout, cut down by 1cm on TWO sides so that when I stuck it centrally onto my cardstock mat, the cardstock showed around the edge of the patterned paper. I used my Perfect Tears Tools to create the perfect tear lines in the paper first and then the two middle strips I had torn off I simply turned them over and used the other side of the paper to create the design. Before sticking these torn papers onto a piece of 12x12 cardstock though I did a couple of other things......

My buttons I have actually sown onto the patterned paper with pink and white cotton.
And the bottom strip of over turned paper ( chequered) I paper pierced so I could sew my bakers twine through the paper as these photos show you....




Pierce through the paper carefully with a pokey tool.
Tie a knot in the end of the bakers twine when threaded on a needle and sew away!



Until it looks like this! Then stick all the pieces of patterned paper onto the cardstock background.




Here are the sown on buttons!


Now for a few photos of the finished layout.



I have used Martha Stewart moulds to make some white paper clay flowers. These were finished doff with some Liquid Pearl in the centres, and mixed in with some Prima flowers and a Apple Blossom flower from Wild Orchid Crafts.




The Wycinanka Allium flowers I left bare and just added Liquid Pearls to the dotty ends.




I inked the edges of the embellished papers on the brads with the Rose Bud Chalk ink.




I also used paper clay leaves and pushed them under my matted photo which was lifted up with foam pads to slot my embellishments underneath.




I added a ribbon between the photo and its mat before sticking and knotted the ends. It is placed so it follows the movement of the ribbon on DD pretty dress. I love this sweet photo to of her giving Merlin a big loving hug too!





Here are the products used on this layout:


Authentique: Fabulous: Fabulous Five
Bazzil Cardstock: Blossom
Bazzil Cardstock: Tutu Pink
Kaisercraft: Tiny Alpha Stickers: Cotton Candy
Kaisercraft: Alpha Stickers sheet: Ivory
Wycinanka: Laser cuts: Allium
Wild Orchid Flowers:
Prima Marketing: Flowers: Wild & Free: #594701
Prima Marketing: Chalk Ink Pad: Rose Bud
Liquid Pearls: Petal Pink
Bakers Twine: pink
Tim Holtz: Distress Grit Paste
Buttons
Prima Marketing: Stencil: Doily
My Minds Eye: Miss Caroline: Embellished Brads
Martha Stewart: Moulds & White Paper Clay




Thanks for stopping by my blog today, don't forget to come and join in with us with this sketch challenge this month!

http://letsgetsketchy.blogspot.co.uk/


Ginny  :)











No comments:

Post a Comment