Saturday 1 July 2017

***Guest Designer for Scrap Our Stash***

So this is so exciting and now I can tell you all!

I am so happy to be a Guest Designer for Scrap Our Stash for the month of July!

As you know I love entering challenges, I do this because I love sharing my work and joining in the challenges with all you other ladies. It is even more wonderful when one of your layouts ends up being featured or placed or winning, how exciting is that? I was lucky enough to be chosen as a 'Top 3' at Scrap Our Stash last month and invited to Guest Design for July, I cant wait to show you what I came up with for this months challenges.

Today it is the reveal of the Tic Tac Toe Challenge for July 1st.


Here is my layout:




This is the Tic Tac Toe board for this month.


THE CHALLENGE:
Create a layout and you must use all three items from any horizontal, vertical or diagonal row. 
This challenge is open until the 29th July 2017




I used the horizontal line  STRIPED PAPER - TAG - BANNER


Now for some  details and close ups...




I used a lovely paper collection from Carta Bella for this layout, Flora No.1.
I really liked the colours in the papers to go with my photo and the dark floral PP to bring out DD's dress. In particular I loved that striped paper which I think makes the layout 'pop' out at you!



My large layers were torn  instead of cutting, to create the distressed shabby chic feel and my smaller layers i.e. the banners were all distressed with Prima distress tool. I even distressed my photo!
The photo is matted onto back cardstock.




I loved this lace, this is just slotted under the matted photo, which is popped up with some cardboard (or foam pads), giving some texture and a softening to the edges of the photo.




My background had a little splattering of mist, I do like a little mixed media on my layouts, but this layout didn't need any much with the busy patterns of the papers. I stamped this Finnabair butterfly onto the background paper as I love the sentiment on it, for my daughter, I really wish my daughter to spread her wings and fly in life and it was appropriate with the beautiful butterfly face painting on her face! I stamped it with Distress Ink Black Soot.




Under the banners I used a paper doily die cut, it is a whole one cut in half so I could fit it both sides of the photo. I used a selection of embellishments from a Papermaze kit, these included the clear buttons, pink rose and the dinky little Prima butterflies. I tied bakers twine through the buttons and tied at the back and left the ends showing through the clear buttons.




The kraft tags were also in this kit, I cut into the 'today' one so I could slot most of it under my photo but still have the word on top.




My journaling is written on another kraft tag and slotted in the layers behind the photo, so it can be easily pulled out to be read. I also loved the clear background quote stickers added over the layout.





Products used on this layout:

Carta Bella: Flora No.1: Peony Posy: Cluster
Carta Bella: Flora No.1: Peony Posy: Journaling Cards (reverse)
Bazzill Cardstock: Black Prismatic
Tattered Angels: Glimmer Mist: Crème de Rouge
Prima Marketing flowers: Wild & Free: #594701
Prima Marketing: Finnabair: Butterfly wood mounted stamp
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink: Black Soot
Papermaze Kit: buttons, pink rose, Prima Rose Quartz butterflies, Kraft tags, doily.





Thank you for stopping by my blog today, please have a look around whilst your here!
I hope I have inspired you with how I created using the Tic Tac Toe board. I look forward to seeing all your creations too!

Add your layouts to the challenge linky in the side bar on the Scrap Our Stash blog


I will be back on the 15th with the second part to my Guest Designer slot this month.


Ginny   :)

















No comments:

Post a Comment