Sunday 19 March 2017

** March Round Robin Challenge at Swirlydoos**

Hello again!


I seem to be having a little flurry of blog posts in the last 48 hours!

Todays is my layout created for the Swirlydoos March Round Robin Challenge.

This is  fun monthly team challenge of 3/4 players in a team and usually 3/4 teams play every month, and the idea is to 'lift' the layout from the previous person on your team. 

I am on Team 1 and doing Week 2 following teammate Sherri.

So the theme this month was 'Going Green'. We had to use the colour green in our layout somewhere, use green foliage and 'be green' by using a recycled something on your layout and to use a an outdoor photo.


And here it is .....






Here are some close ups.




I did a lot of fussy cutting from these A Ladies Diary papers and then layered them up with foam pads to create that 3d effect backed with the cheesecloth. The Wycinanka title was painted with gesso.



My recycled items were the sparkly strand material that was decorating an Bath Fizz Ball at Christmas! This changes light in different lights and has a green look to it. My other recycled piece was the rose flower cluster with bow that came of a card I received a long time ago!



I followed the flow of these lines from Sherri's layout (she used a leaf garland) and made my pearl heart with Nuvo Crystal drops.



Sherri had used paper weaving on her layout so I did mine slightly differently by using chequers from the Ladies Diary papers creating a similar look to keep the theme going. All my edges were distressed with my trusty Prima distress tool.




Some of the fussy cutting was quite intricate but well worth the effort.





Product used on this layout

Graphic 45: A Ladies Diary 12x12 deluxe collection
* Delicate Details x2
* A moment in time
* Timeless Memoir
* Picture Perfect

Nuvo Crystal Drops: white
Wycinanka: Remember
Scrapberry's: Wind of Travel metals
gesso
cheesecloth
Recycled items


If you interested to see rest of the layout from the teams then pop over to the Swirlydoos forum here



Thank you for popping by today

Come back soon!


Ginny  :)    💕



No comments:

Post a Comment