Saturday 18 March 2017

***CSI - Color, Stories, Inspiration, case File #226***

Hi everyone!


Case File #226 is open for investigation!


And here it is!









Here is how I solved the case:





All 5 colours were used


The evidence used from the case was:

*  Clouds
* String
* Bunting/ banners
* Plants
* Sailboat

The Testimony used from the case was:

* Write about what makes you happy

There are many things that make me happy, but walking my dog/s is one of them. This case file gave me the opportunity to remember past dogs in my life and the antics we used to get up to. These three used to love water and going for a swim, and then they would get out of the water, rush up to you and then shake all over you, getting you soaked!
In the photo they have gone down the sandy banks of a local large river and I'm looking down on them. I am trying to give that feeling of being on the leafy bank looking down on them in the layout through all the foliage.



Here are some close ups and details



I have tried to use the foliage dies arranged to mimic looking down over the leafy bank, with the picket fence running along the bank.



The river bank itself is very sandy, so I used the Flower Soft sand to create the sand - I love this stuff, it I so realistic! Mixed in with some real shells it looks great!



I used the bunting already on the PP and added my letter tiles onto some of the bunting flags.
The clouds I inked the edges with the Attic Dust ink pad. The background was splattered with a couple of colours from the Prima Metallic set.




The ivy leaves I used a Distress Crayon Peeled Paint to make the veins and blended a little with water.




Products used on this layout


Blue fern Studio: Seaside Cottage: Gala
Liquid Pearls: Petal Pink
Prima Chalk Ink Pad: Attic Dust
Flower Soft: Ultra Fine Sand
The Works: M & C Boutique Wooden Letters
Tattered Lace Dies:  Foliage
Joanna Sheen: Die: Ivy Flourish
Prima Finnabair: Texture Paste Crackle White
Prima Marketing Stencil:
Shells from the beach
Cord: Beige
Prima Marketing: Metallic Accents
Tim Holtz: Distress Crayon: Peeled Paint
Anna Marie Designs: Natural Fibres
Selection of other dies: Boats
                                              : Picket fence
                                      : Clouds
                                    : Birds






Don't forget to pop over to the CSi blog to see what the other talented DT members did with this case file and check out the rules so you to can have a go!

http://csichallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2017/03/case-file-no-226-deadline-friday-march.html



Thanks for stopping by today



Ginny :)   💕




No comments:

Post a Comment