Tuesday 15 March 2016

Shabby Chic 'Love'

Hello,
          This weekend I had an OTP (Off the Page) weekend and caught up with a couple of projects that had been stacking up from my Technique Add-ons kit from Swirlydoos kit club monthly kits.
So here is the first one to be completed, this 'Love' is easy to put together and is free standing on its own base.



Before assembling it I painted the whole thing with a coat of gesso, only one coat as I wanted it to look a little bit shabby round the edges. The back I then gave a coat of the white paint, that was in the Technique Add-on, to give it a nicer finish as this wasn't getting covered by paper.

  I  covered the front and base with Prima Salvage District papers that were in the Main kit from the February Swirlydoos kit. I sanded the edges down to make things neater but also by doing this it takes the paper edge back a bit to reveal a shabby paint edge.

I wanted to use some stencils and texture paste on this project so at this point I used some white crackle texture paste with The Crafters Workshop (TCW) stencil mini Grandmas doily to the 'O' and then more of the crackle texture paste with TCW Mini Harlequin stencil to various places on the rest of the 'Love'.

When it was dry, I assembled the 'Love' and was ready to start embellishing.
The heart ring chippie and the flourish In the Technique Add-on I painted with a beige acrylic paint, dried and then edged with Distress Ink Walnut Stain. I also added some gold faux stitching to this with a Sakura gold metallic pen. The two entwined hearts I embossed with Stampendous Frantage Antique Gold embossing enamel.
With the Cherub chippie I used a technique shown to use by fellow Swirly girly Jan in a Swirlydoos tutorial, where she separated the chipboard with water to create a 3d effect with the cherubs wings. It looks fantastic ! He was then covered randomly with the gold embossing enamel.

The white prima flowers I spritzed with Prima Color bloom Antique Gold.
My bottles where from the Prima Salvage District Ephemera pack from the Main kit. These I filled with some of the gold embossing enamel and some gold Mica flake.
The pink Prima 'Say it in Crystals' flourish I cut up and put in various places for effect.
After I had finished gluing everything on I dabbed the edges of the flowers and leaves with some gesso and did some splattering of gesso over the whole thing.

Here are some close ups











Products used:

Swirlydoos Technique Add-on kit - February - 'Ballad'
Swirlydoos Main kit - February - 'Ballad'

Other Products used:

Prima Finnabair - White Crackle texture paste
The Crafters Workshop - stencil - Mini Grandma's Doily
The Crafters Workshop - stencil - Mini Harlequin
Gesso
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Walnut Stain
Stampendous Frantage - Antique Gold embossing enamel


For more details on Swirlydoos monthly kits please visit

For Jan's tutorial on the chippie cherub visit

Thank you for taking the time to stop by today

Ginny   :)







No comments:

Post a Comment