Sunday 20 March 2016

Mosiac Canvas

Hi all,

Today I have a canvas to share with you altered with Tim Holtz Distress Paper Mosaic kit. This was a Technique kit add-on from Swirlydoos kit club back in January.
This was so much fun to do. I did this project over a few days as you have to leave each stage to dry naturally on its own. But the effect is brilliant and the paper mosaic really does look like china /porcelain pieces in the finished project. The Mosaic kit includes the Grout, to cover a canvas, the glue, to stick the paper on,  and a Glaze to apply over the paper pieces to finish.


I used the Prima Menagerie and the 7 Dots Studio papers from the Main January Swirlydoos kit to go with this photo of my daughter, I thought these matched really well.


These are the beautiful Prima flowers 'Royal Menagerie- Elizabeth' #583309 from the add-on kit.


The Dusty Attic chipboard 'Vintage frame' - DA0254C was embossed with Stampendous Detail white embossing powder.



I added some Dusty Attic chipboard Vine Corner #2, also covered with the white embossing powder.


The Prima Shabby Chic Treasures Heart Balloons #892562 and the white wooden hearts from the  Salvage District Wooden icon set, were from the February Swirlydoos kit.


I added a Prima 'Garden Fable- Native' #580797 butterfly to my cluster.


The smaller flowers are Petaloo 'Penny Lane - Mini Daisy Petites - Antique Mauve #1839-070


The deep red small flowers are Petaloo 'Penny Lane - Forgetmenots' - Antique Rose #1837-059


I put the lace from the Technique kit around the edge of the canvas and then wrapped a pink ribbon on top of the lace. 



Thank you for stopping by today,

Ginny  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment