Sunday 17 January 2016

Layouts for my Mum and Dad

Good Evening All,

I have two layouts to show you today. I've done them together because they are of my Mum and Dad, and although different paper lines, the photos were both from Christmas time and are to my mind a set.
Here's the first one, using Blue Fern Studio's Vintage Christmas.


I do like using a little mixed media on my layouts and these two layouts have both had a little splattering ! Underneath the paper layering, of all Vintage Christmas papers, I have stamped snowflakes and holly. I also did a little texture paste masking and then a good old splatting of gold metallic paint and gesso. My Christmas themed chippie embellishments were painted in the gold metallic paint as well. Flowers and Holly springs were from my stash.

Products used;
Blue Fern Studio; Vintage Christmas; Auld Lang Syne
Blue Fern Studio; Vintage Christmas; Magical
Scrapberrys; Gardenia flowers
Dreamweavers Crackle embossing Paste; white
Prima; Mask; Doily
Viva; Precious Metal Colour; Gold
Ranger; archival ink; Coffee
Staz-on Ink; Black
Distress Ink; Walnut Stain
Prima Chalk Ink pad; Shabby Tote
Gesso
Holly; Wood Icons, frame diecut and alphas from my stash
Stamps from my stash


And some close ups...






And now for layout number two..



 This layout is done on background paper Heartfelt Creations 'Countryside Evenings'. The dotty paper used for layering is a Prima paper.  I do find layouts without flowers very difficult, but I was determined to do a masculine layout and keep to my brief of not needing a flower ! So my mixed media on this layout started with a lot of masking. Three layers of three different masks using distress inks and texture paste. Then some stamping with coffee archival ink. Some of my Dusty Attic chippie cogs were painted in a grey chalk paint and this was also used on the paper edges, wood banners and my alpha's. The other cogs were painted in gold metallic paint. I then used both paints again for a good old splatting !! My verse is a Kaisercraft  rub on.

                                                                     Products used;

                                     Heartfelt Creations; Countryside evenings paper collection
                                                        Prima Cling stamps; Engraver; 562991
                                                               Dusty Attic; Cogs #2
                                               Cosmic Shimmer; Matt chalk Paint; Chalkboard
                                                       Viva; Precious Metal Colour; Gold
                                                    Kaisercraft; Blue Bay; Collectables tag
                                                         Kaisercraft; Rub on's verse
                                              The Crafter's Workshop; mask; Mini Specimens
                                                 The Crafter's Workshop; mask; TCW262S;  Cogs
                                                              Prima; Mask; #560928; Cogs
                                               Dreamweavers; Crackle embossing Paste; white 
                                                             Distress Ink; Black Soot
                                                             Distress Ink; Walnut Stain
                                                           Ranger; Archival Ink; Coffee
                                                Mixture of wood icons from Prima and my stash

                                                      And now for the close up's...



I hope you enjoyed looking at todays projects. Thanks for stopping by and come back soon

Ginny :)







No comments:

Post a Comment