Friday 24 August 2018

Tres Jolie Mixed Media Canvas


Hello all,

Today I'm sharing my canvas I created with the Tres Jolie Kits August Mixed Media Kit.
In the kit you get this unusual triangle shaped canvas, some fabulous mixed media products, a stencil and some Prima flowers!






Let me show you how I went about creating this canvas with the following photo tutorial.





Here is the contents of the Mixed Media Kit.




This is the wonderful range of mixed media products from 13 Arts.
The rainbow colours can be used in a variety of ways, I have used them in a couple of different ways to show you.




The first way I used the rainbow colour was by making my own coloured modelling/texture paste.
I mixed a tiny amount of the rainbow colour into the modelling paste. Start of with a tiny amount, you can always add more to strengthen the colour afterwards.




On the blank canvas I painted a layer of clear gesso to create a good surface to use mixed media.
I then mixed some of the blue rainbow colour with water on my brown craft mat, my second way of using it. I splattered the colour across the canvas and let it run over the canvas to create a washed look like in the picture below.




I let the colour run over the sides so wat ever angel you look at the canvas from you will always some.



I chose some journal cards as my feature to the canvas, and distressed the edges.




Next was the stencilling. I used the pink modelling paste I prepared earlier and using the stencil from the kit I used it over the canvas on the front and also the sizes.



I loved the effect this stencil gave...





Once dry I layed out the journal cards to work out my design.




I decided I didn't want to keep the flowers white and wanted pink ones. 
The third way of using the rainbow colour is to make a mist and put it  in a bottle for easy application. Again you only need a small amount of colour powder to mix with water. A bottle is better to keep it in as you can give the product a good shake. 




I spritzed over the flowers to make them a pink colour and leave to dry





I then started adding my embellishments. This string type material is from my stash but added a little detail to my embellishments. I added this underneath the flowers.




I then clustered up the Prima flowers I coloured pink, some of the leaves ( left white in colour) and a couple of resin feathers from last months kit.




I  added some of the Santorini Say it with Crystals around the canvas.





I left the texture paste stencilled verse free of embellishments around it so it could be easily read as I thought this was a nice erse to read.




Then I used the white ink by splatting it liberally over the embellishments and canvas and allowed it to 'run' in places in dribbles.




Lastly I used the blue rainbow colour again by mixing it with water on my craft mat and the painting with it.  coloured the edges of the flowers petals like in the picture below.




If you are interested in receiving the mixed media monthly kit then follow the link for subscriptions in the link list below.


Products used on this project;

* Darice; 'Create & Connect' Squangles 12x12x12 Canvas
* 13 Arts; Mixed Media Stencil; Always the Music
* 13 Arts; Ayeeda Modelling Paste Medium Chalk
* 13 Arts; Ayeeda Paint Rainbow Colours ; Pink
                                                          ; Sky Blue
* 13 Arts; Ayeeda Ink Splash White
* 13 Arts; Ayeeda Mist Patina Bronze
* Prima Flowers Box; #586690



Here are some close ups of the canvas.








Thanks for stopping by today, I hope you have fun creating with this August Kit. I cannot wait to see what you all do with the kit!
For more information on Tres Jolie Kit Club please follow the links below:
Tres Jolie Website: http://tresjoliekits.com/
Tres Jolie Subscriptions: http://tresjoliekits.com/services/








No comments:

Post a Comment