Friday 10 August 2018

This is Me - Sketch Layout Tres Jolie Kit Club


Hi all, today I'm sharing my layout I created based on this months challenge sketch.
Kim has created another lovely sketch which fits the August kit perfectly.

I just loved the gorgeous papers in the kit this month, some soft and then some bright and bold.
A lot of these papers were perfect for fussy cutting, creating more elements to use on your layouts and to help create depth.
As usual the kit has been put together with perfectly coordinated embellishments there are flowers rom 48 & Market and Prima. I nice selection of chippies and resin to feature on your pages.
What I love about these kits is the amount of paper you get! If like me you like layers and lots of them then these kits are perfect with lots of coordinated papers included.


So on to my sketch layout. This layout I used the Santorini papers but the softer sides. I kept it quite pink, soft and girlie.





This is the sketch. A lovely sketch open to interpretation but perfect with this kit. 




Now I will show you a few close ups and a few notes on what I did with some items from the kit. 
This month I have tried very hard to only use August kit products, with only the use of inks, gesso and embossing powders added. We will see how well I did at this as the month goes on! LOL







The music score chipboard piece I cut in half and embossed with a white embossing powder. I then slotted it into my torn paper layers.




We had a lovely pack of gems in some gorgeous colours. The pink ones were perfect for this page. I used them in groups of 3 around the layout. I always use the 'rule of 3', things just seem more balanced this way! 




I used several different coordinated papers and tore them to get my rough shabby edges, I am not very good with cut edges! 
I have then layered them up, showing a little bit of each paper from underneath the one on top. 
I then layered some of the beautiful white flower lace in these paper layers as well. It looks so feminine and soft.




I did some faux stitching on this layout with a Distress Marker pen, oopps from my stash..
I drew the dashes around several edges of my paper layers, this is another very easy way to add a little detail to your layouts and perfect if you dont have a sowing machine or cant bare to actually sow on your papers!!




I used a combination of the 49 & Market flower, which are the bigger pink ones and then some smaller Prima flowers. You can see other places I have added the flower lace too.
I also used a punch in odd random places on the edge of my layers to add a little more detail.


Products used on this layout:

From the kit:

* Prima: Santorin Collection: Enjoying the Sun
*Prima: Santorini Collection: Mix & Match
*Prima: Santorini Collection: Summer is around the Corner
* Creative Embellishments: Chipboard: Music Score
* White Flower Lace
* 49& Market Flowers: Shimmer & Shine Blush Jardin Secret
* Prima Flowers: #631994
* Prima: Shabby Chic Treasures: resins: Garden Treasures #892463
* Prima; Say it in Crystals: Santorini: #994280


Other products used:

* Martha Stewart Punch
* Stampendous: Embossing Powder: Detail White
* Tim Holtz: Distress Marker Pen: Hickory Smoke




Thanks for popping by to look at my layout today for Tres Jolie Kit Club. 

Don't forget that Tres Jolie can be found in the following places:

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/121919621993809/


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tresjoliekits/


Tres Jolie Website: http://tresjoliekits.com/


Tres Jolie Subscriptions: http://tresjoliekits.com/services/




Tres Jolie Blog: http://tresjoliekits.com/blog/

























No comments:

Post a Comment