Sunday 21 May 2017

More May challenges

Hello all!

Phew!! What a busy week its been! I haven't had time to do any scrapbooking all week! I've been so busy with work, the kids extra activities and an extra job I've been doing this week, and a tennis tournament with my daughter too, which was very successful for her!

This layout I created last weekend  and have only just got around to editing the photos of it today!




This layout was created for the following Challenges....



with their May Single Page Sketch





with their 'Tic Tac Toe challenge'




I chose to do a mixed media layout for these challenges.



I chose the line was '3+patterned paper - Tickets - Vellum' from the  Tic Tac Toc challenge board.
In this photo you can see 3 patterned papers, the tags, the background script paper and the stripe paper.


On my background paper I started off with mists, the navy Perfect pearls mist and the beige color bloom mist. I use the netting stamp with coffee archival ink randomly over the design area. I also used a stencil with some distress grit paste (you could use texture paste instead) again randomly over the design area. The 'be happy' was covered with Picket Fence paint dabber.


I wanted to create a beachy effect with my mixed media. I first started with the 3d balls for a pebble look. These were adhered with some gel medium. The Flower Soft Ultra Fine Sand is absolutely perfect for beach themes! I looks just like sand. Use a glue/gel medium on your layout and then sprinkle over the top and shake the excess off (like you would with glitter). The frantage fragments added to the pebbly look.



I used the tickets that are part of the Pion Seashore collection and inked the edges with the Farmers Jeans ink pad. I used real shells on the layout we collected from the beach.




The little pegs I liked as an extra little feature. The arrows I simply 'painted' with the Navy perfect Pearls mist. You can also see that I used some jute weave tucked under the photo mount and layers and worked the mixed media in top.




The vellum was incorporated into the layout with these rosettes made with a Tim Holtz die. this vellum had a black pattern on it which matched the string on the tags.




All my paper layers were inked with the Farmers Jeans ink pad. The photo and the photo mount I cut using some x-cut nesting dies. I liked the effect of cutting the photo out with the die as well, although a little worrying putting your photo through the die cutter!




So the gorgeous young man in the photo (forgive me for being very biased!) is my DS and one of our fabulous days at the beach with Granny and Grandad in Pembrokeshire. It wasn't till after I had took the photos for the blog that I realised I hadn't put my journaling on it, Rest assured I have now done that! This is at Sandy Haven where we can also watch the Irish ferry come and go in and out of Port from Ireland to Pembroke Dock.




Products used on this layout

Pion Papers: Seashore: Sailing
                                                     : Tags ( both sides)
                                       : Seashells
Prima: Chalk Ink Pad: Farmer Jeans
Patterned Vellum
Tim Holtz Die: Rosettes
Pentart: 3d balls
Gel Medium
Mini Pegs
Flower Soft: Ultra Fine: Sand
Stampendous: Frantage: Fragments: Shabby Beige & Blue
Tim Holtz: Distress Paint Dabber: Picket Fence
Tim Holtz: Distress Grit Paste
Prima Marketing: Color bloom: Tea Stain
Ranger: Perfect Pearls Mist: Blue Smoke
Ranger: Archival Ink: Coffee
Woodware: Clear Magic Single Stamps: Netting Background
Studio Calico: wood Veneer #331051 Arrows
Jute weave ribbon
X-Cut large Nesting dies: Rectangle Parenthesis
Memory Box: Stencil: Rings and Puddles
Shells
Wycinanka: Laser cut: Be Happy


I hope you liked this one!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!


Ginny  :)









No comments:

Post a Comment