Monday 1 May 2017

***CSI Color Stories Inspiration Case File 229***

Hello everyone!

Today I'm sharing my DT layout for the latest, 1st of the month, Major Case File 229 for May at CSI Color Stories Inspiration!

And what a gorgeous colour palate we had to work with!




Here is the Major Case File  229






For those of you who maybe new to our CSI challenges here are a few pointers....

* all of the five colours ( the scheme ) have to form the basis to your layout and to be used somewhere on your layout, as little or as much of each colour as you want.
You can use/add neutrals (black, white, kraft, cream, grey, brown)
* You have to use at least 3 prompts from the 'Evidence' list.
* You have to choose at least 1 prompt from the 'Testimony' list for the inspiration for your journaling.
* the picture ( the scene ) is what sets the prompts for the 'Evidence list' so don't be frightened that your layout has to look like the scene picture, we are just using elements from the picture.

* Then enter your layout. You don't have to have a blog to put your layout on to enter. You can also upload a image of your layout to a public gallery like Instagram or Scrapbook.com and using the InLinkz link up on the side bar on the CSI blog, link it to your image.

* And then you could be in with a chance of winning a prize from one of these amazing companies who sponsor our challenges! Good Luck!




My Evidence used on this layout:

* Stripes
* Clouds
* Banners/ bunting
* Flowers
* Something Loopy
* word phrase stickers



My Testimony:

* Document something about Summer


All The Colours were used.




Now for some details and close ups.

As this is the first of the month case file, it comes with a sketch for your interpretation.
I only used one photo instead of the two but created the second 'photo space' with some of the 'clouds' paper and added some of my journaling in it.

I loved my papers I chose for this layout and kept the layout very 'clean' for me - no distressed edges, inking or Mixed media!



I threaded some bakers twine through the Sticker word set and stuck them on in a wavy fashion to be my 'something loopy', the 'Word Phrase Stickers' and the 'banners/bunting' from the evidence list.


My paper layers across the page I tore but in contrast all my other edges were clean cut. The Seashore crystals were the perfect colouring to match this colour scheme. The Memory Box die ribbon also classed as 'something loopy' in the evidence list.



My flowers were a mixture of Prima flowers and Paper Clay flowers made using moulds with yellow coloured clay. These were layered up with the die cut ribbons and the fabric covered button.


The 'stripes' from the evidence list was on my background paper. And the 'clouds' are on the blue background paper/banner.



For my testimony, I journalled about a summers day in 2010 when the kids were younger and we visited Pembroke castle. During the visit we went down to the river running underneath the castle and fed the swans, gulls and ducks. There were loads of swans and both the kids had  a wonderful time trying to feed them all.




Products used on this layout:


My Minds Eye: The sweetest Thing: Lavender "reasons why" Swatch
My Minds Eye: Good Day: sunshine: Head in the Clouds ( BOTH SIDES)
My Minds Eye: The Sweetest Thing: Lavender: the Best: Intricate 
My Minds Eye: The Sweetest Thing: Layered Stickers: Bluebell: Playful
Bakers Twine
Martha Stewart: Moulds: flowers
Martha Stewart Paper Clay: Yellow
Memory Box Die: Christmas Curled Ribbons
Prima Marketing: Flowers: Nikko Danno #582081
Prima Marketing: Seashore Crystals
Tiger: Stofknapper: Fabric Covered Buttons


Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you are inspired to come and have a go and enter with our CSI challenges. We look forward to seeing you!


Ginny  :) 









No comments:

Post a Comment