Saturday 3 December 2016

***CSI- Color, stories, Inspiration - Case File 219***

Evening all,


Its the beginning of the month and so with that brings along our first case file for the month of December! We are now in our new format of two case file a month, one on the 1st of the month and one on the 15th of the month.
We had a wonderful case file to begin December with, easily interpreted for Christmas and I LOVE Christmas!

So without further ado here is the Major Case File 219 with a sketch for our interpretation.



And here is my layout...

This photo is from Christmas 2013, the kids were having fun at the dinner table and this moment was captured in a photo. It makes me smile every time I look at it. A fun silly photo that really highlights to me the joy these two  bring to our family and the hilarious moments from Christmas that cannot be forgotten!



Now for the low down!


All colours used

My Evidence used:

* polka dots - on the cream paper
* holiday stuff - my Christmas photo
* snowflakes - laser cut snowflakes
* Burlap - ribbon behind photo
* ribbon, twine - red twine in the flower cluster
* tags - tucked behind the doily with journaling on.

My Testimony used

* Journal about the holidays
* Inspirational words: give, cheer



The burlap ribbon takes the form of the photo shapes from the sketch and backs my one photo.
My Snowflake laser cuts are covered in Snowflake paste.
I used some acrylic red paint to create the splats in the background.



I have torn rather then cut my papers, this gives a softer, shabbier look. I have layered them up and used doilies and lace in between the layers.


The tag has my hidden journaling on and is slotted in behind the doily.


My journaling reads: 

"Christmas is kids!!
And my kids make my Christmas. They
bring so much joy and cheer. They give so much
happiness and make us laugh so much.
Christmas 2013 - the last one at Elm Cottage.
Clowning around at the dinner table.
Such fun times!!"




Products used in this layout:

Kaisercraft: Just Believe - Magic
Kaisercraft: Just Believe - Hymn
Pebbles: Mini ABC Stickers
Indigo Blu: English cottage acrylic paint - Post box Red
Viva: Perlen-pen - Ice white
Anne Marie Designs: Holly sprigs
Live & Love Crafts: Snowberries, lace, cones, mini white roses, red twine, burlap ribbon, doily
Wycinanka: Winter snowflakes
Authentique: Diction Stickers
Prima: Finnabair: Art Extravagance - Snowflake Paste



Thank you for stopping by today,

Don't forget to visit us on the blog to see what the other DT members have created and to join in with this case file!



Happy scrapping!

Ginny   😀
























No comments:

Post a Comment