Sunday 1 October 2017

Lets Get Sketchy October 1st

Morning all,

Here we are in October and that means its time for a new challenge at Lets Get Sketchy!

Here is my take on the October 1st sketch.





And here is the October 1st sketch. 






I used Maja Design Vintage Spring Basics papers. The pale lavender colours in these particular papers where perfect for picking out the lavender woods that DD daughter was having her photo taken in. 

This month I decided to treat myself to a little present and ordered the September Craft Box from Chronicles of Handmade Craft Box.
These are embellishment boxes perfect for mixed media based projects. 
I have used the September box for my embellishments for this layout, only adding some texture paste stencilling in the background and a piece of Wycinanka laser cut chipboard for my title. 


Here are some close ups of my layout.




This piece of lavender lace is gorgeous. I just slotted it under my photo paper layers, which have all been distressed. You can also see the beautiful fish scale patterned gems catching the light and showing all those gorgeous colours in them.




The flowers and leaves complimented each other and the layout bringing out the background colours in the photo with the pretty enamel butterfly charm.




The Wycinanka  piece I have simply left in its raw state.




I loved the colours of this butterfly on the stamp, matching the blue and white stripes on DD jumper.




The stencilling with the texture paste was done using a Prima stencil.




 I used a mixture of blues and lavenders in my paper layers to bring out the colours in the photo.




Do pop over to the Let's Get Sketchy blog to see what the other members of the DT created with this sketch. Follow the link below.





I hope you have time to play along with us this month, you could be a winner!


Thanks so much for stopping by and do take time to play along.  Link up your layouts over on the sidebar on the Lets Get Sketchy blog by October 31, 2017

When linking your layouts, please make sure it is linked to the specific post your layout is in, not your blog. Also, please make sure you tag us on Instagram @LGSketchy.


Have a lovely weekend!

Ginny  :)








No comments:

Post a Comment