Sunday 15 October 2017

A brand new sketch at Lets Get Sketchy.....

Good Morning everyone!

Here we are with the latest sketch from Let's Get Sketchy for the October 15th challenge!


Here is my DT inspiration for you based on the sketch. I turned the sketch around to best suit my the elements I wanted to use in the layout and my one photo. 




And here is the October 15th sketch.....





Now for some details on this layout.




For this layout I have used papers from various brands. My background paper I love! This Denim paper is from Kaisercraft Indigo Skies collection. 
My other favourite is the book paper, from Authentique. There are more details on products if you scroll further down the post.



I cut a section of the book paper out that I wanted to use and then separated all the books by cutting around them and then distressing the edges. I then glued them onto the layout placing them back together in the original order.




I layered onto a piece of Julie Nutting script paper and the whole main feature is layered onto a torn triangle from another Authentique paper to keep to the basic sketch design. 




My layers I have 'lifted' by using cardboard strips ( or foam tape) to give some dimension and also somewhere to push my embellishments under. These incluse some paper script book pages, dotty paper flowers and some journal cards.




I used some texture paste in the background with a couple The Crafters Workshop stencils.





And finished off with some gold druzy stones and some rustic jump rings to keep a bit off a masculine feel, together with the words from the Kaisercraft paper name strip. Lastly a pin and ticket from Tim Holtz to complement my flower - there had to be a flower!




Products on this layout;

Kaisercraft: Indigo Skies: Chambray
Authentique: Rugged: Rugged 3  ( book paper)
Authentique: Rugged: Rugged 2 ( torn triangle navy paper)
Julie Nutting: French Flea Market: Lettre D'Amour
Book Pages
Prima dotty paper flowers
Tim Holtz: pins and ticket
The Crafters Workshop: stencils: Mini The Story
The Crafters workshop: stencils: Mini Ledger 
Rustic jump rings
Druzy stones and blue crystal gems: The Craftbox (Sept)
Prima: All About Me: Journal Cards 
Petaloo: Brown/ purple flower






Thanks so much for stopping by and do take time to play along.  Link up your layouts over in the sidebar on the Lets Get Sketchy blog by October 30, 2017. 


When linking your layouts, please make sure it is linked to the specific post your layout is in, not your blog. Also, please make sure you tag us on Instagram @LGSketchy


Thank you for playing along with us today, have a great week!


Ginny :)







No comments:

Post a Comment