Thursday 15 June 2017

***Let's Get Sketchy Challenge June 15th***

It's sketch challenge time again!
Hope you have your papers and embellishments ready for a little creative time!

I am here with the mid month challenge for Let's Get Sketchy.

Can you believe we are half way through June already! I don't know where the year is going to!
I think the kids have about 6 weeks left of school before we start our summer holidays here in the UK and then we are on the downhill slope to Christmas - NO I hear you cry, we cant start talking about that yet!


So firstly let me start with my layout




A fun layout with lovely bright papers from Simple Stories, with lots of layers and elevation.


Here is the June 15th Sketch






The first thing you notice is that I have swopped the hexagons for squares as these were the shapes in the designs on my chosen papers.
 Apart from that I have used every layer and shape on the sketch and then added more with the embellishment layers.
Unusually for me there are no actual flowers on this layout just the flower cluster sticker in the centre. I have popped some of the elements up on foam pads to add interest and depth.
Everything on the layout is from the So Fancy collection from Simple Stories. I have used the coordinating background papers, the patterned papers and the journal card papers, finished off by using the sticker sheet for the extra embellishments.

The final feature was the faux stitching around some of the squares.



Here are some close ups










Products used on this layout:


* Simple Stories: So Fancy: Marquee
* Simple Stories: So Fancy: Bits 'n' Pieces
* Simple Stories: So Fancy: Besties
* Simple Stories: So Fancy: Fancy
* Simple Stories: So Fancy: 3x4 journal cards elements page
* Simple Stories: So Fancy: 2x2 6x8 elements page
* Simple Stories: So Fancy: Mint Watercolour / Triangles Background paper
* Simple Stories: So Fancy: Enamel Dots
* Simple Stories: So Fancy: Sticker Sheet
* Pigma Micron Archival Ink pen Black






Thanks for stopping by today, I do hope you come and join in with this challenge and the June 1st challenge too!
Look forward to seeing your creations linked in the Linky Tool on the Lets Get Sketchy Blog page.

Creative Embellishments is offering this $30 gift certificate to the winner of this month's challenges!  Remember, you can't win if you don't play!



Ginny :)


















No comments:

Post a Comment