Sunday 23 April 2017

More Than Words April challenge

Hello all!

I really enjoyed doing this one!
I've been eyeing this challenge up all month and I've finally got around to doing a layout for it! I loved this colour scheme!

This is my layout for the More Than Words April challenge.



This months brief was colours,  'Black and White plus 1'
and the word was 'Dream'.


So all this is fairly obvious with my layout. I included a pale blush colour in with my black and white which gave my layout a soft pretty look and matched DD's dress. The word Dream can be interpreted several ways to me with this layout, I hope all my daughters dreams come true, I often wonder what it is she dreams about, sometimes she looks in a dream world all of her own! So an apt title - 'Dreams'.


Here are some close up details and product list....




This mixed media layout started with some gesso brushed over my design area on the background paper. I then sponged circles of more gesso around the edge of the brushed gesso with a circular sponge applicator to soften the edge and add detail with the circle shapes.




I used layers of strips of paper cut different sizes and added in different directions over the top of the gesso from the paper collection 'White Truffle' by Hot of the Press. Then I added layers of torn strips of  3 different washi tapes. Over the top of that went the stencilling with distress grit paste and the mini harlequin stencil.




The Dusty Attic chippie word 'Dreams' was simply painted with a couple of coats of gesso.



My embellishments included some leaves and flowers and the circular frames made from Martha Stewart moulds with white paper clay.



The addition of some beautiful Prima flowers, strips of lace, the shabby wood hearts and the seed beads added to the shabby chic, soft romantic feel.



And over the top of all this was a splattering of watered down gesso.
When making a layout like this I do mostly use my hot glue gun to attach the heavier and bulkier embellishments, the seed beads and lace with a gel medium and the papers and photos with double sided tape.



Products used on this layout:

Hot of the Press: White Truffle 12x12 paper pad
Dusty Attic chipboard: Word Pack #4 DA1077z
Live & Love Crafts: Lace and Shabby Wood Hearts
Wild Orchid Flowers: Ivory Sweetheart Blossoms
Selection of 3 Washi Tapes
Gesso / sponge applicator
Mat Gel/ glue gun
Seed Beads
Martha Stewart: Silicone Moulds - Maple Leaf/ Flowers/ Circular frame
Martha Stewart: White paper clay
The Crafters Workshop: Stencil: Mini Harlequin
Prima Marketing: Flowers: Seashore #574949


I hope you like this one as much as I do!
Thank you for stopping by


Have a great day!

Ginny  :)   💕


No comments:

Post a Comment