Sunday 19 June 2016

Swirlydoos sketch with Kaisercraft Always & Forever


Hello All,

Today I am sharing my entry for Swirlydoos kit club Sketch challenge for May. This layout was made using items from the Swirlydoos May 'Peach Blossom' main kit, Flower Add on and the Embellishment Add on kits.


Here is the lovely sketch I followed by BeggaHuna.


I loved the rustic feel to this kit and loved this wood effect paper 'Romance' that I used for this layout.
I used the 'Eternal' paper to fussy cut all the flowers from and the 'Devotion' paper to cut the lace border out. The floral paper used to cut the circle out from was 'Admire'.


I got my sewing machine out and stitched around the outside of my background paper and around the floral circle. I love the look stitching gives to a layout, I normally do faux stitching but this time decided to do the feel thing!


One of my favourite things from the kit and add on's this month was the chicken wire, I put three little pieces of it in my cluster. I like it because it adds extra detail, depth and change of texture but you can also see through it to the layers underneath.



I dry distressed and inked all my edges heavily with distress Ink Walnut Stain, to keep the wood tone going through the layout.



I used a piece of the cardboard box packaging that my kit gets posted in, peeled the top layer off to reveal the corrugated section underneath and inked it up with Distress Ink Walnut Stain. I then layered it under my photo.



The metal key I altered by using 'Platinum' Wow embossing powder with some Antique Gold Stampendous embossing enamel mixed in with it. Then added some bronze gilding wax and some Coal Prima Color Bloom mist.



My die cut leaves are cut using a Cherry Lynn die 'pair of ferns' from the April kit, cut out of the reverse side of the 'Admire' paper.



The flowers used in this layout were a mixture of Kaisercraft paper roses, Prima sprays and a burlap flowered string. 

Visit Swirlydoos kit club here http://www.swirlydoos.com/

Thank you for stopping by today

Ginny  :)
.



No comments:

Post a Comment