Wednesday 20 April 2016

Round Robin

Hey all !

Today I'm sharing my entry for our Round Robin challenge over at Swirlydoos kit club.  I am on Team 4 and doing Week 3. This is a fun monthly challenge joining all us ladies from around the globe into sharing our scrapbook pages and doing a 'lift' of the person's  layout before us. We normally have 4 members on a team so we each have a week to do our layout before 'deadline Monday'. Each month there is a theme and then there are 'twists' to follow as well.

This month was all about 'Spring ' -  and altering something on our layouts, anything from the photo or an embellishment, anything ! Twists, pastel colours, overload of flowers, Swirlydoos products, using chippie, metals, bling.
So here it is...


This month on my team were Andie and Barbara and they created two amazing layouts for me to follow. Follow this link to go see http://www.swirlydoos.com/forums/topic/april-2016-round-robin-sign-ups/  the layouts they created and the other teams work too.

Everything on this page except the metal buttons, one flower and the background cardstock, is from previous Swirlydoos kits. I used  a Prima Royal Menagerie for my top paper and a Prima Debuante paper for my middle layer. All the papers heavily distressed and randomly punched.
I used some texture paste through a Prima mask on my background and blended a pink and red Prima Water Soluble Oil Pastels with a water pen around my photo and flower cluster. We had these Oil Pastels in a previous Swirlydoos kit too.
The main thing that has followed through our 'lifts' on Team 4 is that Andie started off by fussy cutting her photo, a feature that Barbara and myself have followed. This took some doing I can tell you, chopping up my precious photo but I have to say I love the end result and Holly looks like she is sitting amongst those flowers !
My chipboard I altered with Stampendous Frantage Aged Rose embossing enamel.
My metal button I washed with the red Oil Pastel to give it a slightly different look.
I copied the bottle and fussy cut clock and 'timeless' word from Barbara's layout.

So here are the all important close up's.....









I really love this layout, I hope you do too !

Ginny   :)


No comments:

Post a Comment