Wednesday 21 September 2016

Mermaid Chest with Graphic 45

.Hello All,

Today I'm sharing a little project that I was 'playing' with over the weekend!

I bought this little Paper Mache chest from In House Crafts in Milford Haven and decided to alter it with Graphic 45 Voyage Beneath the Sea paper collection.

My aim was to create a 3d scene within the chest of an underwater scene all created by fussy cutting the Graphic 45 papers, all revolving around the beautiful Mermaid.

Here she is......



The Paper Mache chest I painted in Verday Bronze paint and altered it with the Verday Patina solution to give it a corroded metal feel. This Verday Paint Kit came as the Technique kit in my Swirlydoos kit in August. It is fantastic stuff, I Love it!


I did LOADS of fussy cutting from the Voyage Beneath the Sea Papers. All edges were inked with Distress Ink Frayed Burlap.
Obviously I cut the Mermaid, the diver and a seahorse but also loads of starfish, seaweed and plants and a shell. Its a little time consuming but I do find it relaxing to snip away whilst watching something on the TV!


I used a Silky Crush ribbon in parrot green, Webbed Weave in Olive and  lime green Burlap to mimic seaweed and plants and to help fill out the chest.


I placed a concertina folded paper in the base of my chest to give me places to fix different elements to at different  depths with in the chest. I decorated the outside and layered up pieces as well to keep creating the 3d effect even on the outside. I used my glue gun for most of the gluing, its easy to add a good 'gloop' of glue to make an element stand up 'off' from the layer underneath.


I finished off by using a Nuvo Crystal Drops to add a little sparkle to all the teal coloured pieces and the Mermaids Tail.

Thanks for stopping by

Ginny  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment