Monday 11 July 2016

Round robin at Swirlydoos

Hello everyone!

Today I'm sharing my layout for the Round Robin challenge at Swirlydoos kit club.

I have the pleasure of being on Week 1 this month and starting my Team 2 off with a soft pretty layout using Blue Fern Studio papers from Courtship Lane and Serendipity.
The theme is 'Anything Goes' so complete freedom this month.
There are some twists too, these being,
* grunge it up or true swirly style - I chose the latter!
* Use a recent photo - I have had this photo of me and my hubby for a few weeks to scrap so decided to use it for this.
* embellish embellish embellish - lots of flowers and yummy things on my layout!
* keep the colours light bright & cheerful - well I think I've done that!


The background BFS paper was from my own stash but the papers used for all the layers and banners were my leftovers from the BFS Courtship Lane and Serendipity papers in my Swirlydoos April kit.
I love layers and have done multiple layers on my banners, some lifted up with foam tape to add dimension and all of them inked up on the edges.
All but one flower are from previous Swirlydoos kits as are the wood icons, the crystal hearts, pink crystal bead trim, pearl trim and the Prima Rub-ons with pink foil. 
I used a TCW stencil on the background with texture paste and then some splatters with gesso and two different colours of Shimmerz Inklingz.
The chippie is from Fabscraps and covered with some white embossing powder and then brushed over lightly with the pink Inklingz.

Here are some close ups:






Thanks for stopping by today!

Please visit us at the Swirlydoos forums http://www.swirlydoos.com/forums/topic/july-2016-round-robin-almost-anything-goes-sign-ups/ to find out more about this challenge and the other challenges we do, also to see the other teams Week 1 layouts!
For more info on Swirlydoos scrapbooking kits look here http://www.swirlydoos.com/

Ginny  :)





No comments:

Post a Comment