Friday 23 October 2015

Swirlydoos Challenges 'Changes'

Hi All,

Here at Swirlydoos we have lots of fun challenges every month, some using our Swirly kits and others using your own stash or a mixture of both. One of the monthly challenges is the SGC ( Swirly Girls Challenge). The theme is chosen each month by a different Swirly Girly and we do have some great subjects to challenge ourselves with!
This month Paula challenged us to take one of our first ever layouts and do a 'redo', to see how our style has changed and we have developed in our scrapbooking skills and loves.

So here is mine!
When I first started scrapbooking I did 8x8 layouts as at the time a 12x12 layouts seemed huge with all that space! This layout is a 8x8, flat, NO flowers (!!!!) but I do like the colouring and LOVE the photo!


 
 
About 7 years later, here is what I did with it now!
Its now a 12x12 layout done with Prima Divine papers. The extra space allowed me to add the other two photos that went with the original photo. The layers are scraps from my scrap paper box. I like the colour scheme so I kept it the same colour palette. Then I've added my favourites, layers under the photos, distressing the edges, texture paste with a mask and FLOWERS!!! These are all Prima flowers. Also used are a bunting die from Joy!  a chipboard title from a previous Swirlydoos kit covered in Vintage Champagne embossing powder, a Prima Chalk Ink pad Blossom Bud and Tattered Angels mist 'Crème de Rouge'.
 

I hope you like the 'redo'!! Have a go yourself and see how much your style has changed.
To see what the rest of us Swirly Girlies have done with this challenge visit the Swirydoos forum and look for the SGC challenge 'Changes' under the Challenges section.

Visit Swirlydoos http://www.swirlydoos.com/

Thank you for taking a peek!

:)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment