Sunday 21 June 2015

I Love Shabby LO's......

Afternoon All,

This post is back to flower power Shabby style, I love this way of doing my pages.
I am using my Swirlydoo's  monthly kit club kit, the April one, which had papers from 'My Besties'.
I used two papers from the kit that have made it very easy to get the shabby romantic feel that I try to achieve with my LO's.
The first one was based on layers. I got my sewing machine out and sewed away merrily, round the edges of some  of the layers, not neatly which is the best bit about it!! I wanted to do a LO based on the pink white and browns of the kit. I think these colours are perfect together and give a very romantic pretty feel. I did a lot of distressing and added some masking with texture paste and a second layer of masking with the texture paste coloured with some pink mica powder. I layered up using the papers, lace and craft doilies and then finished of with the metal trellis, flowers (kaisercraft & Petaloo), pearls and Chippy butterflies from BoBunny.


The second paper again was distressed and layered up and had the masking with texture paste treatment. I used strips of paper behind the photo layer, Kaisercraft and Petaloo flowers, Liquid pearls for the pearl circle and Prima alpha's and Prima Doily stickers. I tried to make this look like we were sat in a fairy tale! I finished off with lots of gesso! Hope you like them!

No comments:

Post a Comment